Posted by: shaks | 2009-02-10

How dangerous r potholes 4early pregnanc

Can driving daily over bad potholes cause a miscarriage in early pregnancy?

Dear Shaks

The answer is not a straightforward one and will depend on the past obstetrical and gynaecological history as well as obvious other factors such as the type of vehicle used, etc. In general if there is a poor obstetrical or a history of recurrent miscarriages then I would certainly advise against excessive travel particularly over such terrain. However in general potholes per say would not directly cause a miscarriage since the uterus is very well cushioned within the pelvis and can withstand the amount of blunt trauma.

Answered by: Dr M. I. Cassim

Posted by: shaks | 2009-02-17

thank you for putting my mind at ease.. :)

Reply to shaks