Question
Posted by: DJ | 2010-08-02

How critical is Tetanus?

Hi Doc,

I cut myself with a rusty knife on Satureday evening and called my local GP for an appointment and he can only see me tomorrow (Tuesday morning).

I know that symptoms of tetanus will occur between 3 - 14 days so was just wondering how critical the timing of a tetanus shot is? I haven''t had one is over 10 years so not sure on this one. Should I go to an emergency room at all?

Thanks alot, DJ

Hallo DJ
One should rather get a Tet tox shot asap - you should rather have gone to an emergency room immediately, but since you are seeing the doctor tomorrow, a few hours would probably make little difference.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-08-03

Hallo DJ