Question
Posted by: 1st Timer | 2008/10/15

How could she?

We married for about 6 months...just recently moved to Joburg and staying around Jhb working in Joburg...We had a huge fight with my wife last night...she says she doesnt like JHB and we should move to Montana/PTA north...its about 90km' s to JHB....i told her that i cannot stay that far from my work-place, and the whole argument started...

Do you think i' m unreasonable? Mind-you she is from PTA, and not working at the moment..cant she just compromise? If we do move to Montana, i' ll have to get up at 4:30 everyday...

Moving anywhere, based on a whim, which would require you to get up at 4.20 am, would be a very bad idea. She is being frivolous and selfish. Any of us who have done a pretoria-Joburg run for any length of time, would strongly recommend against it. Time for her to demonstrate her love by making a tiny sacrifice and to stop demanding that you make a huge one.

14
Posted by: Mitchell Dillon | 2008/11/13

va0asya55wk3synv

Reply to Mitchell Dillon
Posted by: Melanie | 2008/10/16

Good morning 1st Timer,
Here is a different take on this subject. Perhaps your wife is upset about something else (unrelated to the Jhb/Pta thing), so she says that she wants to move just to upset you.

Reply to Melanie

Your wife is not working, but she wants to call the shots. Tell her to FO for go. She is a selfish b**** who does not deserve you. SHE does not like JHB, SHE wants to move yet YOU will have to get up in the middle of the night to go to work. Ag no man, she is selfish!!

Posted by: Ja | 2008/10/16

Hahaha - still doing the trip - 15 years on and guess what? i getup at 04:00!!! If you' re not on the road at 05:00 or so youre screwed!
Then there is the return trip - crazy! 14:00-14:30 at the latest. And no guarantees - there is always a chance of a tiny bumper-bashing that will add time to your trip.
Keep away if you can!

Reply to Ja
Posted by: zams | 2008/10/15

its always the case that good guys get bad girls vice versa,maybe she should get a j o b,have some responsibiliteies,then she' ll know how to economise.1 should at least be 80% happy in the relationship, the rest of course will be this and that.but in your case, she' s selfish and needs to mature

Reply to zams
Posted by: smile | 2008/10/15

I think your wife she' s b............,no 1 she is unemployed why is she expecting you to move.Stand on your ground you are the man,the bread winner,if she wants to move let her will see how she is going to pay the rent and buy food since she is umahlalela.

Reply to smile
Posted by: chantey | 2008/10/15

you knw what your wife is so selfish.

marriage is all abt sacrifices and compromise she must think abt your situation. and anyway she must think that u are the provider, moving to montana will be more expensive cause ull be using more petrol than before. so u knw what she does' nt knw how to economise. shes not matured enough she jst think abt today and forgets tommorow.

Reply to chantey
Posted by: Eish | 2008/10/15

Sorry 1st Timer you don' t deserve

Reply to Eish
Posted by: So! | 2008/10/15

So dont apologise then.Why are guys letteing this wives treat u like dirt.Love is abt 100% , 100% not stubbornness.

I wish I had a man like u.I would give u all the respect,undrstanding and love in the world.

Reply to So!
Posted by: !st Timer, | 2008/10/15

Thank you for encouraging words guys...i still cant believe she wants that....Things we do for Love....and one thing that i know is, she wont even apologise for this...i' ll be the one to apologize, just to make things ok, i' m really getting tired now,

Reply to !st Timer,
Posted by: DDD | 2008/10/15

She is being very unreasonable..... the Pta-Jhb run is hell on earth!

Reply to DDD
Posted by: Haibo | 2008/10/15

She wants to move to Montana and she is not even working?She is the one who is selfish and inconsiderate.Just put ur foot down and tell her ur not going anywhere.Most ppl are stressed by the daily travelling and she wants u to be one of them?Why?

Tell her ur not going there and dont wanna talk abt this topic again.Be firm on this and dont give in.Shame,u seem like a nice guy and she is taking advantage.

Reply to Haibo
Posted by: Tango | 2008/10/15

I used to do the Pta - Jbg run for work for 22 yrs - trust me you do not want to do it. You are not been selfish at all.

Reply to Tango
Posted by: AN | 2008/10/15

I think that is very very selfish of her. She should respect (and be greatfull for!) the fact that you are the breadwinner and adapt to that.

Reply to AN