Question
Posted by: B | 2011-01-28

How concerned should I be

Hi there,

I am 31, and was diagnosed with bipolar a year ago. Currently I am in a low, and am not interested in anything. I just can''t get going, and its very frustrating, but it honestly feels like i just dont care about anything, i wish i did.

Recently i was away and while i was sitting in my hotel room i had a vision of me jumping out the window. Now i am not actively thinking of doing anything, but it worries me that these things just pop up, seeminly out of nowhere.

Should i be concerned, what are your thoughts.

Of course one should be concerned about such thoughts. If Bipolar has been properly and competently diagnosed ( by a psychiatrist, not a GP 0 then I would expect you to be on some form of maintenance medication, perhaps with a mood stabilizer, with an arrangement to see your shrink again if a depression ( or a high ) started showing itself again, so it could be dealt with rapidly rather than waiting for it to get worse

3

Posted by: Liza | 2011-01-28

Please go and see your psychiatrist as soon as possible. It sounds like your medication might need to be adjusted.

Suicide thoughts are NEVER ok. Even when you''re not consciously thinking about it and it just happens to ''pop into your head from nowhere'' - This is one of my early danger checks. The suicide thoughts start off by just popping into my head - at first you think it''s nothing, BUT it is in actual fact your unconscious trying to to tell you that things are not ok. I know that if I don''t take note of it and do something about it then the suicide thoughts change and become something I consciously think about.

Good Luck
Liza

Reply to Liza
Posted by: sharmanka | 2011-01-28

very concerned,see a psychologist or speak to a trusted friend.i learned sometimes our mind play games on us and this usually are our thoughts either conciously or unconciouusly.

Reply to sharmanka