Posted by: Round | 2008-12-01

How can I tighten my stomach?

Can I use elastic wraps to wrap around my stomach area to tighten my abdomen like those i. Varimark advertisements? Is it safe to do, or is it bad for you?

I have heard that using these things to tighten will only make your stomach muscles weaker. But since mine have not been in use for some time now is it okay? Most women after giving birth use it? but for how long should I use it? I have not given birth for the last 19 years.

Please help1

Dear Round
There are 2 ways of getting a tighter tummy - lose weight as much of the roundness of the tummy is caused by fat around the intestines ( which we all get after the magic number of 40....) and doing tummy muscle exercises - see
the wrap thing doesn't work ( it just squeezes everything together)