Posted by: coffee addict | 2009-09-15

How can I stop ?

Im not much of a coffee drinker but I would like to stop drinking coffee completely .I drink 1 cup per day everyday in the morning with 2 sugars and coffee creamer .

Im trying to lose weight and I VE HEARD IT messes up with blood sugar levels and sugar and cofee creamer must be avioded .I cant take it without sugar .I tried yesterday and today but the craving was so strong I eventually drank it .

How can I stop completely ?

Dear Coffee Drinker
You are certainly NOT a coffee addict if you only have one cup a day. I am not sure where this information about coffee interfering with weightloss comes from because most over-the-counter slimming pills contain caffeine which increases metabolism slightly. The 2 teaspoons of sugar you have with the one cup of coffee a day provide less than 160 kJ which represents 2,5% of your energy intake when you are slimming, so this is not going to be too excessive. By all means cut out the coffee creamer which contains saturated fat and rather have low-fat or fat-free milk instead.
If you are still determined to stop having your one cup of coffee a day then switch to decaffeinated coffee to wean yourself of the craving for caffeine.
I would, however, stick to having one cup of coffee with the 2 t of sugar once a day particularly if this help you stick to your diet for the rest of the day.

Posted by: C | 2009-09-16

I have about 6-10 cups of coffee/tea per day with cremora and sweetners. I' m not gaining weight and I am positive that your 1 cup a day will not prevent you from losing weight.

Reply to C
Posted by: Zexeon | 2009-09-15

If you want to keep your sugar readings stable you could just exercise after your cup of coffee as after 30 minutes exercise my reading is 4.8.

Reply to Zexeon
Posted by: Zexeon | 2009-09-15

Maybe just cut it out completely as I might cause I had 4 cups before nearby 11 o'  clock and had a protien Shake low gi for breakfast and toast with chicken mayo for lunch an hour ago and my reading is 7.4 now and tonight only a protien shake wit skimmed milk. Maybe 3 Protien Shakes a day ...!!! I enjoy tea with no sugar as replacement maybe it may help?!!.

Reply to Zexeon
Posted by: Zexeon | 2009-09-15

Why do you want to stop it? I just limit myself to 3-4 cups a day. And hubby went to order coffee at the coffee shop and I just politely told him I don' t want coffee and (don' t know if it upset him) either way we end up drinking tea at home. Its easy just replace it with a substitute and if people want to get up-tight its there problem although we need to be social so rater just allow a limited amount and stick to it, then everybody is happy :-)

Reply to Zexeon