Question

How can I get rid of my period

Is there any way that I can SKIP my period every month - specifiaclly to skip the pain

I REALLY suffer every month - with not only period pain but also headaches, bad moods etc

Is there any way I can make it stop??? Please, I am desperate! (26 years old)

The injectable stops periods in about 80% of women. The Pill will not stop your periods but often helps with the pain and PMS.

2

Posted by: Cindy | 2009/10/27

I suffer just like you and in fact I' m the same age too! I started taking the pill a few years ago. It not only lightened my period, but also shortened it from 8 to 4 days and I only had moderate pain for the first day or day and a half.
The other option to consider would be the injection. Where you only get your period every 3 months. A nurse did tell me once that should my period be " scheduled"  for an " undesired"  time frame....I could skip the final 7 pills (during which I would usually have my period) and start the next pack. I struggle to explain it in medical terms but basically you will maintain the same hormonal level and therefore not have a period that month. I wouldn' t recommend doing this too often however.
And I would certainly recommend that you consult with a qualified nurse who should also perform a physical exam to ensure no complications due to issues such as blood pressure etc.

Reply to Cindy