Question
Posted by: Bella | 2010/11/15

How can I avoid this person tactfully

One of my husbands friends is always changing his girlfriends and he is very immature for someone in their late 30''s. The most recent girlfriend is someone that I just cannot get along, she is quite young and also immature and I get a very bad feeling about her. This guy also often wants to go out for guys drinking nights or motorbiking and he keeps inviting my husband on these outings which upsets me as we are a family with a young child whereas this guy has no permanent job or any kids and I doubt he will get married anytime soon. I just don''t want to actually socalize with this guy and his new girlfriend as they are on a totally different wavelength and I end up not enjoying the time at all. I feel life is just to short to put up with this person anymore, what is a subtle way of handling this situation without being downright rude and saying I don''t want to socialize with the two of them?

Discus this with your husband. Explore why he, as an adult, still wants to hange around this immature kid. ANd then, yes, "So sorry, but we have oher plans already ( plans to do absolutely anything than socialize with you )

4
Posted by: QQFish | 2010/11/17

I can go on and on about how a " sigle"  man named Darryl, corrupted my husband. How our lives nearly fell apart. Oh so many more things that I have never even spoken about to anyone..... Please put a stop to this now! Hubbty MUST choose now. Cut this guy and his tarts out of your life, out of your family.....whatever it takes

Reply to QQFish
Posted by: bettey | 2010/11/15

they say birds of the same feather flock together...be careful, speak to your hubby about how you feel about this

Reply to bettey
Posted by: Liza | 2010/11/15

You need to discuss this with your husband. A decision not to socialize with these people should be made jointly.

My most tactful way of saying no is to tell people that I already have other plans. Even if my plans are only to read a book!

Good Luck
Liza

Reply to Liza