Question
Posted by: Kelly | 2009-05-21

How are you!?

You know what really P' s me off!
When I get to work right then there' s this one lady that' s always greeting - HI! HOW ARE YOU!!!? and I' m about to reply and she will either walk off or start talking to someone else and I think to myself WTF! Why ask someone how they are when you don' t even wait for a reply.
Now she is always doing this and so whenever she asks I say nothing right, just go on doing whatever and she does not even notice LOL! I just can' t believe it. I don' t know why she even greats, it' s like she' s just doing it to pretend to be nice and all but she' s not even interested.

I notice an inceasing number of people like this --- I think they see "How are you" as the words of a greeting, but not as a question, so they don't expect any answer. And Purple has noticed the other aspect of this, which is epidemic --- they respond " FIne and You" when you say hello, and before you have asked how they are !
And if you actually stopped them and told them how you were, they'd be astonished, and perhaps bored. Until she notices, continue not responding in any way.
Just to amuse myself, I try variations in responding. Usually, to "How Are You?" I respond : "I haven't decided yet", and that stops surprisingly many people in their tracks. Or one can try " You mean apart from having the Plague ? "

1
Posted by: Purple | 2009-05-21

No the worst is when they say " Fine and you"  before you' ve even asked them.Ag man really now... LOL oh well. Fine and you next time. hehehehehe

Reply to Purple