Question
Posted by: Step | 2011/11/30

how are we related after I marry your stepdad

My mom passed away in 2009 and me and my brother have been staying with my step dad since. He is a very good stepdad and since the passing of my mom he never dated anyone or even if we did he never said anything. Till recently he told us he is seeing someone and he is ready to spend his lifetime with that person. He told me that it is someone that I know I was a bit whaaaaaa I wonder who is that in my mind I was thinking of an aunty from next door or maybe my mom’ s sister or something like that. Only to find that the person is actually my varsity classmate. The classmate we all call her a bitch at school. My stepdad looks happy but the classmate is trouble where she even said to me after realising that we knew about them “ Have you ever thought you will be my daughter one day, No actually my stepdaughter no actually I don’ t know what you are because you are not even my future husband’ s daughter please tell me how are we related after I marry your stepdad” 

Those were her words and it kind of changed everything at home, the relationship between me and my stepdad has changed.
Note : I am 22 she is 23 my little brother is 19 and my stepdad is 48

I hope you don't really plan to marry my stepdad !
Seriously, your stepdad sounds foolish for wanting to marry a much younger women ( even if she were far more pleasant than you depict her ).
I'm not familiar with the legal details of what precisely your relationship would be - you'd need to ask a lawyer whether your stepdad's next wife has any particular relaionship to you.
Can't you sit calmly with your stepdad and explain why you feel uneasy about this plan, what you know about her, and how oddly she has been talking to you ?

2
Posted by: XXX | 2011/12/01

Is your friend crazy wanting to marry a man of 48 ! Does it matter what she is afterwards...... another marriage doomed for failure

Reply to XXX