Posted by: Worried | 2009-01-06

How accurate is Lamzid as used as a PEP

On the 30 December my boyfriend and I had sex and I don’ t know his status yet and somehow he took out the condom or what I’ m not too sure what he has done, apparently when he remove the condom they came out by mistake that what he said, anywhere I got very angry and I am still angry because I try to be careful all the time. In the morning I went straight to the pharmacy to get morning after pills and the give me Aspen Lamzid to use for a month. Can one result be positive after using the Lamzid as PEP for a month? Has anyone ever had a situation where they were negative and got exposed took PEP for the whole month and the result come positive? I’ m very scared, I feel like he didn’ t intentionally.

Dear Worried
You have done all that is humanly possible to prevent HIV infection. Just go for a HIV test after 3 months, and maybe see if you can motivate your boyfriend to go now too - if he is negative you don't have to worry!