Question
Posted by: LBM | 2010-10-14

How?

How can I get myself to be more open with my husband? I have been hurt a lot by people in my past, and know struggles to let my husband in. I know that if he does something wrong know it will hurt me anyway, but I still feel too scared to just trust him as if it might help. He has done things in his past that I just had to accept, but it was before we were together. He actually tries hard to keep me happy, but I am still very suspicious of him. How can I change? I also want to be happy and contend, but I cannot even tell him I love him without him saying it first. I am scared that I might lose him, since I have recently realised he does things secretly so that I do not know if he knows I will not like it.

Mariage counselling sounds like a really good idea here. Privately, or via FAMSA, a national organization. It sounds as though, sadly, the defenses you have built up to protect yourself against other people who have hurt you in the past, are now "protecting" you against your husband. THis happens at times. Its like you have swtiched on the burglar alarm so it goes of when HE moves, long before any burglar could reach you

3
Posted by: Liza | 2010-10-14

Couples counseling and perhaps counseling for yourself to work out your issues? Contact FAMSA if you cannot afford private.

Good Luck
Liza

Reply to Liza