Posted by: Zee | 2010-09-22

Good afternoon

We have been married for 5 years now &  we so badly want to become parents. I am a diabetic, I was pregnant last year 15 weeks on the 15th of August but unfortunatly due to chromasomal inbalances lost the baby.

I have been on clomid 4 3 months, still nothing &  its been a year now.

Sometimes we think the problem can be, because after lovemaking it''s like all of the sperms just come out of my body while I am still lying. It doesnt stay or go in. I don''t know if it is suppose to be like that. Does this have anything to do with it.?

Dear Zee
It is very common and almost a curse in every case that sperm will come out of the vagina after having sexual intercourse. So I don’t think this has anything to do with the fact that you haven’t conceived yet. It is also important that you should have your diabetes well controlled before attempting a pregnancy. The fact, that you fell pregnant and unfortunately lost the pregnancy, is a good sign to test that you do have the ability to conceive. I suggest you visit your gynaecologist and he may recommend some further treatment.

Answered by Dr Dasoo