Question
Posted by: M Andersen | 2011/04/07

Household paints and toxicity

I have emphysema (have never smoked) and note your comments about paint fumes and toxicity. The turpentine component of oil paint is harmful to damaged lungs, I know, but I have recently discovered that a water-based oil paint is available for dometic use. Do you know of any toxic component in such paint? Thank you for your help.

Expert ImageEnviroHealth expert

Water-based oil paint will certainly be much safer, though I'd still follow basic good ventilation rules when painting. If you send me the name of the paint I can try to get more detailed info on it so we can know for sure.

1
Posted by: EnviroHealth Expert | 2011/04/11

Reply to EnviroHealth Expert