Posted by: Lola | 2012-06-25

House training Puppies

We were given two puppies. One is a little morkie pup and the other looks like a fluffy dachshund. We were initially told that they were brother and sister. I noticed that the little girl looked more like a mini dachshund and yorkie mix.

They should be around 9-10 weeks old. They will be taken to the vet soon. i am travelling a bit and pups will go once I return. My hubby can take them in my absence, but I prefer being there.

How do I start house training both pups? I want to start asap &  hubby will keep the training up in my absence. The pups are home with my helpers during the day &  they will also assist.

Please advise.

Hi Lola

Check the internet as there is loads of information pertaining to puppy training.

In general it is important that you take the pups to a designated area on a frequant basis and reward them for after they have urinated/defecated. Remember that accidents will happen as they are still developing and do not have good control of urine/faecal elimination.

Kind regards

Angus Campbell