Question
Posted by: Mandy | 2010/04/28

House issues

I need your advices guys, I am married in community of property, have a one and eight months boy and staying with my husband and his daughter. Things have started to be sour lately and the father is very protective of the daughter whenever she does something wrong so I have decided to just keep quiet and if something can go wrong how do I get all the things because he actually does not have much I am the one who works very hard, what do I do to protect my finances and other things that I have because I do not want him to get anything I have worked for how do I do that, especially his daughter, please advice

I'm no expert on divorce law - do you have legal advice ? And do try the Divorce Support forum, too

3
Posted by: Divorcee | 2010/04/30

The only thing that i can tell you now is that if you married in community of Property, when you divorce, he is entitled to 50% of everything you accumulated. it happened to me, my ex husband didnt do much to the accumulation of everything i had, but he worked out with lots. my lawyer tried to apply for forfeiture of assets, but we didnt win, he produced receipt of R500, R400 there and there, all in all his contribution was less than R20K but he walked out with half a million, i almost died. but i am fine now, recovering, he bought a Jaquar, he just didnt buy the house, he cruizes with the car that he bought with my money and buying clothes and all, but you know what they, dishonest money dwindles away, when money earned little by little grow, i am surviving, and i know all will be well.
Hope all works out for you, just stop doing anything in the house

Reply to Divorcee
Posted by: Lin | 2010/04/28

Maybe post this on the divorce support forum. I''m sure the members there will be able to help.

Reply to Lin