Posted by: Dineo | 2009-05-07

House dilema

I lost my husband due the HIV virus, the time he got ill I also found out that he was not paying for the bond  our house had to be repossessed. I took my baby and went back to my parents home while he was still alive, (come burial time there was no place to bury him, he had to be taken to his mothers house). He gave all his benefits/pensions to his child and sister. My biggest problem now is my colleagues who usually want to visit me, but I don’ t know what to say to them since I am back to my parent’ s house. In their minds they think I am loaded with his benefits (from their remarks). I just feel like a loser and think they will talk knowingly  I am out of the big house. I am embarrassed and in our company they usually have home get together’ s and I am always protective when they must come to visit me. How can I really deal with this issue?

Why not just talk with them, pleasantly and frankly, and explain the situaion ? Don't leave them with the wrong impression. Surely they will sympathize with your misfortune, and your husband's carelessness towards you --- it's not your fault

Posted by: Dina | 2009-05-10

To anon, give the woman a break. Don' t jugde and assume if you don' t know the full story.
To Dineo, just tell them the truth. If they' re so shallow that they' ll only care about the size of your house then they' re not your friends.

Reply to Dina
Posted by: Dineo | 2009-05-07

Anonymous - I tested and I am positive, happy nowwww!!!. I am living healthy for my baby and myself. I dont remember mentioning that, its good to rub salt on a wound hey..... anyway common sense is not always common.

Reply to Dineo

wait a minute, lets get this straight.... your husband passed away from HIV, have you been tested yet for it????

you shouldnt feel ashamed about your dwelling....