Posted by: Zuzi | 2009-04-02

Hot water / cold water

Hi All, bit confused, people keep saying drinking hot water can make you loose weight, Is that true, and which one hot/cold water that' s good for the body.

Thank' s

Sorry, folks, for the delay in responding. I've spent an anxious day in the dark, as Tshwane City Council can't keep the lights on, and this is my third power-cut this year.
Drinking water can't possibly make you lose weight. You need a healthy and balanced diet. If you had the water in place of a meal, it might help weight loss, but not adviseable. The effect would be mainly by temporarily filling your stomach, and water would empty out quicker than food. And the temperature is irrelevant, as by the time it reaches your stomach, it'll be about the same temperature anyway.
Cold water has no useful impact on metabolism3 litres is too much. Recent research has shown that the old advice on 8 glasses of water a day has no basis in fact.
And see what Dietdoc has to say about this

Posted by: Liza | 2009-04-02

Taking things to the extreme and drinking too much water is very dangerous since it upsets the electrolyte balance in your body.

Jane - AFAIK 3Litres per day is taking it to extremes. Unless you lose a lot of liquids due to medication side-effects, excessive sweating and urinating etc.

CS should have a better idea about this.

Reply to Liza
Posted by: hott | 2009-04-02

while drinkin your hot water, make sure they are not too hot you might have a throat cancer

Reply to hott
Posted by: Jane | 2009-04-02

Luke warm water with lemon juice is supposed to work.
On the other hand, ice cold water is supposed to boost the metabolism. I just have my 3ltrs at room temp every day....

Reply to Jane
Posted by: Maria | 2009-04-02

Maybe you need DietDoc rather than CyberShrink?

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Theo | 2009-04-02

both of them are good, I drink hot water and i can tell you that within few weeks you can see that i losed weight. Drink one cup before breakfast and after breakfast drink as much as you can then you will tell me but don' t eat a lot of fat foods please. When you drink it, it must be not too hot just in between.

Reply to Theo