Question
Posted by: Eve | 2008/06/04

Hot flushes yet very low temperature

Hello Dr,
I was on Estrofem for 6 years and stopped using it about 8 months ago. I am in my late 5o's and had a hysterectomy about 8 yrs ago, not sure if they took the ovaries out though.

I at times get very hot even when it is cold I am perspiring heavily yet when I take my temp. it is always below 36.5 sometimes 35.5. Is it possible it could be Menopause hot flushes? I am also taking Eltroxin 0.05mg
Any advice on these hot experiences withouth temperature?

Dear Eve
Yes it could be hot flushes - it is typically at a normal temperature and comes in "flashes". Your doctor will be able to confirm with a FSH blood test.
see http://www.health24.com/medical/Condition_centres/777-792-819-1806,16840.asp
Something that is non-hormonal that may help is Dixarit 1 three times a day.

1
Posted by: hedges | 2008/10/10

My temperature varies between 36,2 and 36,4 daily. I have a very dry skin. I am 52. Why?

Reply to hedges