Posted by: kimora | 2009-01-09

hot flushes increasing

I have had hot flushes for about 5 years- I am 58 and had a hysterectomy at 38 but still have one ovary. In recent months the hot flushes are increasing and I notice that apart from occurring at random times they also occur about 20 minutes after meals and as soon as I get up in the morning. What is causing these? Is there somehthing else wrong apart from menopause? This is NOT due to summertime- I always keep myself as cool as possible and I have not had this problem in past summers.I do not take HRT but I do take black cohosh tablets. I just had a mammogram and my breasts are okay. I have slightly raised blood pressure which I am treating by losing weight and exercising more. The flushes are not due to exercise- I get normally hot and sweaty from that but it is different.

Thank you for visiting

I recommend that you consult your GP to have your hormone levels tested and that you start taking an HRT.

Kind regards