Question
Posted by: CMJ | 2008/12/09

HOT FLUSHES AND IRRITABILITY

I am a 30yr old male... and lately I have been getting (what seems to be) hot flushes and I am extremely irretated at times... I would like to know if this could be some sort of menapause or something.
The hot flushes are so bad that I feel like I want to rip my shirt off and kick my shoes off.... HELP!!!

Dear CMJ
Menopause..unlikely! You may have an overactive thyroid or may be getting cyclical fever - diseases like malaria and other underlying infections can also cause increased temperature and sweating. Please see your GP as you need some blood tests done to determine the cause.