Question
Posted by: Magda | 2009-08-31

Hot flushes

I have been having hot flushes since the age of 12/13. I am now 32 and feel embarresed about these spells as I always seem to blush for no reason at all. Is there a solution for this or do I carry on as if nothing is wrong. We have consulted a docter in the early years and they only tend to laugh it off. Please help me

Dear Magda
This could be due to a sensitive autonomic nervous system. One also needs to exclude a few medical causes like Roseacne and carcinoid syndrome ( although I don't think yours is due to these). Using Menograine tablets may help - discuss with your doctor?

1
Posted by: Margie | 2009-08-31

I am in my 50' s and have a continious outbreak of acne around the lower part of my nose, on the sides of the nostrils. What is the cause?

Reply to Margie