Question
Posted by: Karen | 2011-05-13

Hot Flush

I’ m a 39 year old female with the following medical history:
1. I have been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis as well as Fybromyalgia since 2006 and I’ m under the care of a Rheumatologist. My treatment regime includes the following:
a. Methotrexate 2.5 mg –  10 tables once a week
b. Salazopyrin EN 500mg –  2 tablets twice a day
c. Arava 20 mg –  1 per day
d. Lyrica –  50mg in the morning and 150mg at night
e. Altosec –  20mg per day
f. Cymgen 60mg per day (started on this 3 months ago)
g. Arcoxian 90mg per day
h. Tramal SR100 –  when needed
2. I’ ve had 1 successful pregnancy and 1 unsuccessful
3. I had a hysterectomy in 2008 (my ovaries are still intact)

For the last couple of months I’ ve been getting these seriously hot flushes when it feels as if I’ m going to overheat –  the sweat starts running down my back and it doesn’ t feel as if anything will help me to cool down –  surely I’ m too young to be going into early menopause? Could any of my medication be the cause of these hot flushes and should I be worried?

Your response would be greatly appreciated.

If you have been on the medication for some time, it is unlikely that it would now start to cause problems. The easiest way to check for menopause is by doing blood hormone tests.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-05-16