Posted by: Cappy | 2009-01-21

Hot but not excessive sweating

I don' t sweat excessively (just a little more than normal on my tummy and nape) its just I feel hot most of the time. I cannot sleep until I start shivering and have to get under a blanket so I leave a fan or air-con on the whole night. I don' t have winter clothes or shoes - I don' t need them. The strange thing is when I do get cold I am freezing. The cold is fine but feeling hot is not ok anymore - its frustrating. I am on lamictin and aropax. I also seem to get low iron counts every few months (the last 2 years). Any reason for this feeling hot most of the time?

Dear Cappy
You need to have your thyroid hormone levels checked, and your doctor needs to look for the reason for the low iron count - he needs to check your stool for bleeding from the bowel, or whether you are getting in too little iron or vit B12. One of the side effects of Lamictin can be supression of the bone marrow with resulting anemia

Posted by: Cappy | 2009-01-22

Thanks Doc, will make an appointment. Take care

Reply to Cappy