Question
Posted by: Hermann | 2010/07/05

Hospital Cleanliness

Dear Cyberdoc

How safe are our Hospitals, especially for healthy people going to visit patients (friends &  family)? We hear lots of horror stories about contageous diseases.... Do they clean/disinfect the Hospitals on a regular basis, if so , how effective is this process. Do the surgeries receive similar treatments, or do we just have to take the risk when going in for an operation?

Personally I try my best not to touch ANYTHING when visiting, automated doors are absolutely the best invention.

Kind Regards
Hermann

Hallo Hermann
I think some hospitals are cleaner than others but most hospitals have strict infection control procedures. Operating theatres are supposed to be thoroughly cleaned daily and after each patient and I think most to all hospitals do keep to the rules 100%. I think the most dangerous area in a hospital may be the ICU as this is the area where most resistant bacteria will be found. I agree with you, washing your hands after visiting is a good idea.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/07/05

Hallo Hermann
dr Bets