Question
Posted by: Elaine | 2010-01-11

horrific back and stomach pain

I am in agony. massaging, infrared lamp, neurofen, norflex....nothing is helping. The pain is more on the right side (kidney area) but am feeling it a bit over the spine and to the left side of my back a bit. I did a stupid thing by sitting underneath an aricon for a few days, and was wondering if it is possible to ' catch a cold'  in your kidneys by been that stupid!. I was using at least one voltaren suppository a day until a pharmacist told me to stop as it would just aggrivate my ' active'  ulcer. I dont seem to be able to eat a meal without having excrutiating pain in the top of my stomach (just below breasts) I am on topzole for the ulcer which also gives me a lot of pain up and inbetween my breasts.

Hallo Elaine
You should please see a doctor to have a urine test and white blood cell count to see if it is an infection in the kidney. If it is, you probably need antibiotics. Try adding Mucaine 10 ml 6-8 hourly to the Topzole for the ulcer pain.

3
Posted by: anxious | 2010-01-11

You need a urine MC& S lab test and possibly an IVP or abdominal ultrasound to see if this is your kidneys. PLEASE don' t leave this. Go to your doc ASAP. Belive me I know about kidney pain - I have chronic kidney problems and had a bad kidney infection in Dec for which I had to take 2 lots of strong antibiotics. Severe kidney infections can be serious - you can end up in hospital with them needing urgent iv medication - I know I have been there 2x! Please got o a doc today. Go to a 24hr casualty if necessary. DON" T play around with your kidneys. It' s not worth it.

Reply to anxious
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-01-11

Hallo Elaine

Reply to cyberdoc
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-01-11

Hallo Elaine

Reply to cyberdoc