Question
Posted by: Scared | 2012/08/13

Horrible feeling

It''s a horrible sick feeling I have after hearing my mom has to go have a lump cut out of her breast. Naturally we expect the worst and I hated seeing my mom break down in tears yesterday.

I''m so scared for her that we get bad news. I can only imagine how she is feeling. I can''t even eat, my stomach is in knots and I''m so afraid for her.

Ghastly feeling inside. Hoping for the best.

Of course this is distressing. I'm sure we all join you in hoping for the best. Try not to get too distressed yourself, as doing so isn't really helpful for her. And don't assume the worst. When there is a lump, its usually a good idea to take it out and examine it closely - if its entirely benign, one has lost nothing, and if it is malignant then one has caught it as early as possible, which helps to lead to a better outcome

1