Question
Posted by: Heartbroken Mom | 2011/05/11

Horrible daughter.

My previous blogs related to the on-going problems between my daughter and myself, where she has been absolutely horrible to me, accusing me of all sorts of slights that took place in her childhood etc.
Get this. She sent me an SMS on mothers day !! No even a phone call. The SMS was filled with inudendos, really so ugly on mothers day.
I contacted her and told her we should talk. I need to knoiw what does she expect me to do to " heal"  the past. She just shouted me down and told me that she would only talk to me through a 3rd party !! What do you make of that ? I am disgusted at that suggestion. What is going on in her mind? Do you think she may be Bi-polar?? Any help will be appreciated, what am I supposed to do now??

Such behaviour might relate to a personality disorder, but not to Bipola Disorder.
As you seem to want to understand this unpleasant situation, maybe accept her proposal of a third party, and arrange to see her with a counsellor to help you both keep things constructive and useful, to get to the botom of her sudden expressions of such bitterness.
Remmber that after any event, different participants have experienced it differently, and will remember it differently.

4
Posted by: Maria | 2011/05/12

I know a lady who once told me her daughter tells people she had a terrible childhood, and she (the mother) cannot understand why. She then proceeded to tell me about her daughter''s childhood and frankly I agreed with the daughter. I''m not saying this is the case with your daughter and you, but people can often look at the same set of circumstances and come to vastly different conclusions. Your daughter may have a mental illness, or she may truely have issues from her past. You can either walk away, or if she wants to go to someone for mediation you can try that.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: 44 | 2011/05/12

at least you got an sms = i got f''all

Reply to 44

Posted by: ANother Mom | 2011/05/11

I find it very difficult to comprehend why she would be this way with you if nothing happened in the past?

Reply to ANother Mom