Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/07/09

hormones, periods and depo

I have been on depo for 10 years although I have been sterilised as I have very heavy/frequent periods. so i decided to take a break and had my last injection in oct last year. Since feb i have had frequent periods, every 2nd week also quite heavy.
I have been very moody and depressed and i am wondering if this is to do with hormones etc.
I dont want to do anything drastic like a hysterectomy - do you think i should just start the depo again?
I am 42 - have low BP and low blood sugar otherwise fine
During the 10 years of depo I did not have a period

As the Depo controlled the problem, it seems a good idea to go back on it.