Question
Posted by: Shelly | 2012/03/03

Hormones levels dropped Feel like Dolly Parton

I had a hyst 4 years ago , my overies still in and were still working last year. My Blood Tests, last year were ffine Estradiol (E2) were 373, and 8 motnhs later I have been feeling tired, a bit flushed moody so I went to the Gp and the levels have dropped, Estradiol 79, what is the reason it has dropped so low. My Mom has breast cancer and was told by her Oncologist I must never use chemical HRT. My Gyne has prescribed Solal DHEA, Femular and Premerin Cream. I have read the DHEA is also a hormone and so is the cream and can cause breast cancerI am so scared to take them, I also have ostenpenia in my hip and spine and I am 48 years old. One person said you need the hormones other say stay away, what can I take that is natural I am on no medication or any supplements. I have put on weight is it is a strggle to shed a few kgs, I am about 8 kg over weight and it is mostly the boods and the tummy.

Your hormone levels have probbly dropped because you are not menopausal. All treatments are a balance of benefits and disadvantages. The disadvantage is the slightly increased risk of breast cancer but the advantages are the improvement in quality of life and in the osteo penia. You can take calcium and Vitamin D supplemments which will help for the bones. There are a number of herbal remedies which help symptoms in some people and you can get these at a pharmacy.

1