Posted by: fran | 2009-01-15

hormones and hyperventilation

Can low estrogen causes hyperventilation? My sister is 46 and she suddenly started to hyperventilate. The dr says her estrogen level is low and that' s why. What will help to avoid the hyperventilation. My daugter is now 22 years old and her menstruation is very irregular. But some months she get bad PMS and also hyperventilate. Is there something to prevent it and what cause hyperventilation?

I am nor aware of low oestrogen causing hyperventilation. It is usually due to anxiety.

Posted by: Nonhlanhla cindi | 2009-05-13

I suddenly hyperventilated a few days ago and i got so hot that i could not think or stand on my own, my boyfriend had to carry me home, what happend? and yes i am under alot of pressure and iron deficiant did my conditions play a role in all this? or am i just clustophobic?

Reply to Nonhlanhla cindi
Posted by: pawsaw | 2009-01-17

I don' t know about the low estrogen aspect of hyperventialtion but I can tell you what to do about hyperventialtion. Breathe into a paper bag. Its is because you are taking in too much oxygen and can actually lead to passing out. Breathing into a paper bag until it subsides is based on breathing slowly from the diphragm and inhaling exhaled air whic is less oxygen rich (I think). Rapid and shallow breathing or too much deep breathing to relieve pain or stress is what leads to this problem. I also think it could be related to too much glucose in the blood or noradrenaline.

Reply to pawsaw