Posted by: Susan | 2012-11-27

Hi Doc,

Could you perhaps advise, could a hormonal imbalance cause anxiety?
I was on triphasil for almost 10 years, I had a very stresful job where i sometimes skipped a day or so, and would then take the 2 days together the next day and then just left it completely. I could be wrong but from there i have been dealing with anxiety? I read that there could be a link and just wanted to hear your thoughts on this, cause accoring to GP''s it is impossible?
Much Love, Susan xxx

It is unlikely. The Pill can cause mood swings but, if you are now off the Pill, then what you are experiencing is your normal state. Stress and anxiety would have more to do with your personality and your work/social situation.