Question
Posted by: keke | 2011/03/08

hormones

I''''m a 30 yr old lady, i''''ve been trying to conceive for over 2 years now. i went to a Gynae and i was diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation. My periods are very irregular. I was put on provera and clomid &  managed to conceive within the first month of treatment. But I lost the baby after few weeks &  then had a D &  C. My periods took almost 3 months to return. my last period began on the 27th of Jan till 02 feb. since then nothing. Is there anything that you can recommend that will help regulate my cycle and help with ovulation?
Thanks.

Dear Keke

The approach that you have taken in the first instance is still the best and most conservative approach namely to use Provera followed by Clomid and also to use ovulation monitoring with the urine LH testing kits such as Clearplan to improve the timing of conception. Occasionally it may take up to 3-4 attempts using this method for conception to occur but should this fail then you should seek the help of a fertility specialist.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/03/14

Dear Keke

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert