Question
Posted by: lolo | 2010/07/01

Hormones

I have a problem with my hormones. i heard that a product called vitex agnus Castus could help. How true is this and where can I purchase it?

Expert ImagePharmacist

V.A.C is considered a tonic herb for both the male and female reproductive systems.

"Traditionally used for menstrual difficulties and to allay sexual desire. Used to balance hormones and as a fertility aid. Key Uses: gynecological problems, premenstrual syndrome, heavy menstrual periods, infertility, suppressed menses, and swelling of the breasts. Current research shows that it increases progesterone production, inhibits FSH and prolactin, and increases secretion of estradiol. Binds to dopamine receptor sites in hypothalamus/anterior pituitary. May increase menstrual flow in some women. Cautions: do not take concurrent with oral contraceptives or hormone therapy."

Bioharmony is one SA company that markets this - Ask at your pharmacy for Bioharmony Chaste tree berry.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010/07/02

Reply to pharmacist