Question
Posted by: Hormones | 2009-09-11

Hormones

How long can it take for your hormones to return to normal after having children.
I had twins two years ago. They are IVF babies. I had a period for about 6 months after the birth. Had a C-Section.
I also found that my weight only started returning to normal from about April this year. Also noticed allergies which I have not suffered with before. Can it take so long for hormones to correct naturally. I have not taken any form of birth control pill sicne the birth.
Since the birth my hormones went totally out of whack. Luteal phase shorter. Mood swings from hell. No libido.

Your hormones are back to normal in 6 weeks after the pregnancy. ANy hormonal disturbance beyond this is not related to the pregnancy.