Question
Posted by: Anonymous gal | 2009/08/19

hormones

What do you know about hormonal imbalance in menopausal women? I am thinking specifically of adrenal fatigue which is something gp' s do not pay attention to..

Expert ImageAgeing and Sexuality expert

Hormonal imbalance is what menopause is about. It is difficult at the best of times to diagnose adrenal fatigue due to the unknown "normative" levels of testosterone in women. Add in menopause and the picture is confusing. However there are other diagnostic criteria to diagnose adrenal fatigue other than testing androgen levels and this will give you a fuller picture of your problem.

I urge you to consult with an endocrinologist for specialised advise. GP's are not usually equipped for working with hormones at this significant level.