I saw a Dr Phil show on the havoc female hormones can cause and wondering if my fibromyalgia, diagnosed 45 years ago just on my obvious symptoms, no tests, and my hypothyroidism which was diagnosed around that time too due to periods stopping, are due actually to a hormone problem. Should I see an endocrinologist? Or, to save money, what hormone tests should my GP prescribe? At this stage I am 58 and perimenopausal, judging by hot flushes. I am also very tired and keep myself going with coffee, which wakes up
my body and mind very well, most of the time. Sometimes I am just a zombie and nothing helps!

If your main symptoms are tiredness and hot flushes, then HRT would be the best option. Y0u can do thyroid function tests to check your thyroid status.