Question
Posted by: Jo | 2009-07-22

Hormones

I am a 30 year old female. I have been having " night sweats"  for a few months now, I feel tired and lethargic (flu like), I have trouble sleeping, and feel bloated quite often. My period seems to be very light, and I am on the pill for my skin. My memory seems to be failing me quite often! Is there a possibility that I have a hormonal imbalance? I have not had children. Would I need to see my GP or a specialist?
Thank you for your time.

Dear Jo
You can see your GP first - he needs to check your thyroid gland, sugar levels and examine you for underlying infections. If needed he will refer you to a specialist
See also http://www.medicinenet.com/night_sweats/article.htm