Posted by: Tracy | 2009-05-15

Please could you tell me if there is any other tests to check hormones other than the basic tests. I had a hyst 11 years ago and am only 35 now. Still have overies. Ive put on a lot of weight and suffer depression. I have terrible downers once a month. Basic blood tests were done for thyroid and hormones and apparently they are fine, but Im convinced that there is a problem because Ive always battled with PMS quite seriously. Are there other tests or specialists I could see to try get some answers. Tried dieting and nothing changes. Tired all all the time. Please give advise

You could see a gynaecologist. Not all imbalances of hormones can be picked up with blood tests. SOmetimes you have to start treatment and see if it helps.