Question
Posted by: CS01 | 2009-05-06

Hormones

I went to my gynea to have my hormone levels checked as I have facial hair growth and haven' t had a period since my son was born 3 years ago. He said the hormone levels are normal however the test showed that I' m not ovulating at all.
How can my hormine levels be normal if I have facial hair growth?? Surely that in itself would mean that I' m producing too much testosterone? At the time, I wasn' t too worried about the not-ovulating part as we do not want to have more kids. I' m not sure what hormones he tested for but I' m not happy with the answers he gave me. I want to go to another gynea and have more comprehensive tests done but I' m unsure exactly what tests to ask for. Could I be pre-menopausal? I haven' t experienced any hot flashes. I' m 32.

I don't know what hormones were tested for, so cannot comment. Testosterone does not have to be abnormally high for you to have increased facial hair. However, what you describe does sound like PCOS. You could ask your doctor to test for this. It is unlikely that you are perimenopausal.

1
Posted by: Tania | 2009-06-02

Hi I have fish smelly discharge after intercoarse. why?

Reply to Tania