Question
Posted by: Shaan | 2010/09/13

hormone treatment

I have had a hysterectomy &  my ovaries removed. i am 37 have early menopause. I cannot afford the hormone treatments that were prescribed to me &  medical aid refuses to pay. i am try some herbal hormone drops and take calcium and magnesium supplements daily. My local GP says he can insert the patch in me, but i am concerned that the patch may be apt for a person with natural menopause. please advise. can i continue taking what i am right now. i know this is my life and I shouldnt be playing with it, but finance plays a big part as well.

You can use the patch without any problem, but there would also be a cost involved. As you have had your menopause at an early age, you are at risk for developing complications like osteoporosis much younger. HRT would be the best option and I would suggest that you make this a priority when you allocate your finances.

2

Posted by: Nix | 2010/09/13

Why did you have a hysterectomy?

Reply to Nix