Posted by: Ali | 2009-06-01

Hormone test results

Hi GynaeDoc
I just received a hormone level blood test that i went for.
After having my Mirena for 3yrs now my husband suggested i do the test. I am 25. Have one child of 3. Are you able to put into more simple terms the results for me, please.
S-Estradiol Modular = 731.9 [46 - 607 pmol/L]
S-LH = 4.5 [IU/L]
S-FSH = 1.5 [IU/L]
S-Progesterone = 33.2 [nmol/L]
S-Total Testosterone = 0.756 [0.2 - 2.86 nmol/L]
S-Sex hormone binding globulin = 58.20 [26.1 - 110nmol/L]
S-Free Androgen Index = 1.30 [0.38 - 5.91]
S-17-OH-Progesterone = 7 [1.3 - 10.6 nmol/L]

My concern was unexplainable weight gain that i am battleing to get rid of even though diet is correct. Low libido, fatigue and depression.
Could these tests show something which is not normal with my hormones? Do you think the Mirena is responsible?
and How would i go about fixing it?

Thank you for your time. Greatly appreciated!

The tests are all normal. It is unlikely that the Mirena is causing the low libido, fatigue or depression. These are usually related to life stresses. See if there is anything in your life that you can modify.