Question
Posted by: SCARED | 2009/04/04

HORMONE TABLETS

Dear doc, I am booked for a complete Hysterectomy - I have a huge tumor on my ovaries, and my gynae want' s to do a complete hysterectomy. Do you have to take a hormone replacement. I have read that hormones increases your chance for breast cancer (my mom also had breast cancer - so i am already at risk to start off with). I have also heard more negative things than positive things about hormone replacement medication. Also that it can cause blood clots. Please advise for I am very scared. I am 37 years old and very healthy overall.

If the tumour is cancerous, you will not be able to use HRT. Wait and see what the findings are at the surgery.