Posted by: Janine | 2009-06-18

Hi. I am desperate! I have been on an anti-depressant for many years, as well as a sleeping pill. Granted, I gained weight. However, since being on HRT I have gained lots more weight, feel bloated, hands and feet swell some days, and I can literally feel myself getting bigger by the day! COULD IT BE THE HRT that has put the cherry on top of my weight-gain?

Secondly, what would happen if I were to STOP HRT altogether? Would my period return at my age (58)? I am presently on Angeliq, which stopped my period (I tried all the others first).

I was on Triphasil for over 20 yrs but had to stop about 4+ yrs ago, due to migraines, and was put on HRT.

HELP, PLEASE! I have gained 35 kgs in 6½  yrs and have the appetite of a pride of lions. Admittedly I am lonely, as I now have an empty nest. But I eat without caring that it is affecting my life!

I think you have answered your question. If you are eating without caring, this is what is causing your weight gain,not the HRT. You are unlikely to have periods again if you stop HRT at the age of 58.