Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2010/07/15

Hormone Replacement Patches

I am 42 years old and had a hystorectomy about four years ago, during a visit to my gynea, I was told that my estrogen level was 140, which was very low. I have been using Evprel 50 patches for about a year, the doc however has now put me on Estradad 100?.... I have a lot of cancer in my family, and am worried that the use of hormone replacement patches will up my chances of getting cancer. I also have been having problems with swollen glands in my breast, the gynae says it is because of the low estorgen level. Should I try a natural remedy or go for the patches?

You don't say what type of cancer is in your family. There is a slightly increased risk of breast cancer with HRT, but it does have other benefits. You should have a mammogram to check your breasts.

1