Question
Posted by: FranticGirl | 2009/10/13

Hormone mixup or pregnant

I am on the Pill (Nordette). I had unprotected sex a few weeks ago but got my period, although it finished a day early. Since then I' ve had protected sex (ie with a condom). I also got a cold so was put on antibiotics that the doctor said was safe to use with contraception. I started feeling nauseous, slightly dizzy and there were moment where I was overwhelmingly tired only to bounce back 20 minutes later. This week my nipples are quite tender. I had my period 2 weeks ago, but it looks like I' ve just started bleeding again. What' s going on? Am I pregnant? Miscarrying? Please advise urgently

It may be that the antibiotics have affected the Pill and caused the bleed. Pregnancy would be unlikely if you had a period 2 weeks ago.

1