Question
Posted by: Betts | 2012-08-29

Hormone levels and Periods

I have seen a Gynae early this year for a full check up as I am missing perionds regularly. All tests seemed fine except that my hormone levels were basically zero. My Gynae subscribed hormone tablets which I only took for a week and stopped as it made me feel very sick. I am 44 years old and except for the periods I skip I feel fine and no hot flushes or mood swings. How importent is it to take the hormone tablets and what is the cause of me skipping periods and with no hormone levels?

You don't say which hormones were checked. I would guess that you are probably approaching menopause and this would explain the missed periods. Apart from relieving symptoms, HRT also protects against thinning of the bones.

1
Posted by: LB | 2012-09-08

I used Triphasil for almost ten years, when the doctor prescribed Yasmine 7 months ago. After 7 months of using Jasmine, my menstrual cycle is still according to Triphasil and not in accordance with Jasmine. Is this normal? Should I just continue with Jasmine? I have also been experiencing unexplained weight gain, could this be related?

Reply to LB