Question
Posted by: Debbie | 2008/10/01

Hormone Imbalance &  suicide

I am a 43 year old woman. I started menopause when I was 36 and became fully menopausal at 38, additionally I have Graves Disease. I was never able to conceive due to endometriosis, despite many forms of treatment. Currently I am taking 1mg Eltroxin and Activelle daily. My blood test last Friday indicated that my oestrogen levels were extremely low, FSH was extremely high and T3 &  T4 also low. My concern is that my mother had exactly the same problems as me and ended up committing suicide at 55. My entire family has died of different forms of cancer too. I used to run marathons and now I can barely do 90 seconds at a slow trot. I am so tired that I dont want to get out of bed. I am so depressed that I fear my marriage wont survive because I just dont want to do anything, including sex. My mother tried to kill me many times but I now understand how she was feeling, I feel as desparate as she did. I am working with a Psychologist which would be successful if I could just remove my " hopeless"  feelings. I also had an ovary removed in my mid 20' s but the remaining ovary still gets cycts which are debilitating and frequent. I am at the end of my patience despite eating healthily and persisting with my running. I still set goals each day as I am busy doing a degree aiming at cognitive sciences, so I do have some understanding of psychology. I just dont want t be like my Mum, there must be something out there in the medical world other than " just keep taking the pills" . Its futile and I dont want to live like this anymore, for my own sake and for my husbands sanity. Being dead seems the most relaxing alternative to being told to " pull my socks up" , " it will get better"  and " keep taking the pills" . Life is too good to waste and I want to live normally.

In terms of your medical conditions, if your T3 and T4 are low, you need to increase the dose of Eltroxin and also possible take T3 supplementation. Hypothyroidism can cause feelings of listlessness and depression. If you are not having hot flushes or any other menopausal symptoms, carry on with the Activelle as is for now. It also sounds like an antidepressant may be indicated. See a psychiatrist about this.

1
Posted by: Nono | 2008/10/02

There only way for you to live normal and for your marriage to be save is to give your life to the Lord Jesus Christ.He will restore your life

Reply to Nono