Question
Posted by: Maya | 2010/09/13

Hormone imbalance

How do I know if I have a hormone imbalance? What tests can i do to check this? I was told that I may have too much testosterone by a doc, but it was never really checked.

Dear Maya

If you need to find out if you have a hormonal imbalance the you will have to do some blood tests to check some of the main hormones. Depending on what your symptoms are, then one would direct the tests of the hormones appropriately, for instance if you have irregular menstrual cycles or missing your menstruation then you would like to check the hormones such as your Thyroid gland, Prolactin, FSH, LH, Estradiol and to see if your are ovulating or not. If you have too much testosterone then your doctor may be suspecting a condition such as polycystic ovarian syndrome and a blood test for testosterone can be done and in addition it would be advisable to do an insulin level.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/09/21

Dear Maya

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert