Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2010/08/12

Hormone Imbalance?

Good Afternoon.
After the birth of my 2nd child (C-Section) I''ve experienced a lot of problems. I bled continuously for 3 months, and went to the Doctor to have him check it out. He did a papsmear (which came back normal) changed my pill (Triphasel) to Ginette, and gave me iron &  folic acid supplement. After taking the supplement, I wasn''t so tired anymore, but the irregular bleeding didn''t stop. I then chanced my pill to Yasmin, and the irregular bleeding stopped. What bothers me though, is that sex is painfull, and also I have no sexdrive. I took vitamins, and even something to boost my sexdrive, but nothing helps.

Could it be that my hormones are haywire? I went back on the pill a month after my babies birth, and picked up 13kg! I''m battling to lose that weight, no matter how much I excercise, or diet.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

I don't know how old your child is now, but many women have decreased libido on the year or two after having a child. This is mainly due to being tired, preoccupation with a small child, etc, i.e. not hormonal but physical and psychological issues. Thesex is probably painful because you are not in the mood and therefore not well lubricated.

1